Background and Challenges
Electric Vehicle Charging Points
ClientEV Charging Station
With the fast development and growing electrics vehicle market, and support by local government, more and more electrics vehicle chargers increase their installation of charging pile and station for electrics vehicles. The charging piles normally will be installed along the road or parking lot to provide charging service for electrics vehicles, and it includes communication, billing functions, and users can use coins, IC card, or credit card to pay for their charging. Some challenges the installers facing now are, as the charging piles and stations are distributed in different remote locations and widely, so they need a system that is able to provide reliable communication between station and data center, including billing, management, security and status checking. Right now, there are 2 solutions: wired and wireless. While wireless has become more and more popular in this application, because it is easy to use the 4G/3G/CDMA/GPRS cellular network to transfer the data between 2 ends, meanwhile, all the data are in real time and you can remotely manage and monitor all the stations.
The whole charging pile is consist of bellows
1. AC/DC Charging Pile Providing DC power to electrics vehicles, with functions of billing, metering, display status of battery, etc.
2. Transmission terminal Industrial wireless DTU(BIVOCOM TD210 Series) or Router(TR321, TR341)
3. Data center and management Includes billing system, remote monitor, etc.
1. Industrial wireless DTU(TD210) If charging pile supports RS232, RS485, RS422 or TTL terminal block interfaces, you can use TD210 DTU series, and all the data collected by charging pile will be transparently transferred to data center through cellular network.
2. Industrial wireless router(TR321, TR341) For large charging pile station providers, you may have lots of charging piles to establish different LANs(Local Area Network), and managed by a control terminal, which connected with charging piles and BIVOCOM TR321 or TR341 router, and report the data of metering, billing, to data center. Or if your charging pile only support Ethernet port, you can choose TR321 or TR341 series routers.
Share This Project