March 1, 2020, Xiamen China, Bivocom, a global leading wireless solution provider for IoT and M2M applications, has released its new firmware version 1.04 for industrial cellular modem TD210 to support MQTT and Modbus Master.
- What makes that different from standard firmware version?
The standard firmware on TD210 supports transparent data transmission over TCP/UDP/IP protocols, and it transfers the transparent data or commands acquired from the sensors or PLC to server via RS232/RS485, and work as a slave modem, while the new firmware allows you to configure the device to work like a Modbus master modem, and you can configure the device to acquire the data in the preset time period, meanwhile, it can convert the Modbus data in Json format, then send the data to remote servers over MQTT protocol automatically, without receiving commands from the server or sensors.
- What benefits you can get from this customized firmware?
- It seamless integrated with mainstream MQTT protocol based IoT platform.
- Makes TD210 smarter and more powerful, as it can automatically acquired data from sensors by setting time period, do a basic edge computing, by converting the Modbus data to Json format, and transfer to remote servers over MQTT protocol.
- About TD210
- Rugged and compact design
- Fully supports global 4G/3G/2G networks
- 1-RS232, 1-RS485 for connecting to sensor/PLC
- TCP/UDP/MQTT/Modbus Slave/Master
- SMS configuration/Alarm
- Operating temperature: -35。C-+75。C